Hague’s strategic print partners hold the FSC/PEFC Chain of Custody Certification allowing us to use the FSC/PEFC logo on your printed product, guaranteeing that our operations have been inspected and certified in the audit trail of the tree to printed product.
The benefit to our clients is that the logo verifies the social and environmental choice of material and demonstrates that the company takes the environmental concerns of their customers seriously.
ISO 14001 accreditation to ensure we exceed environmental standards. We hope to have this in place within the year.
Hague has an Environmental Management System (EMS) in place, we ensure that clear auditable production processes are demonstrated, reduce waste through dutiful management and are reviewed regularly.
Our paper-based products are made from a sustainable, managed source, accredited with the forest stewardship council (FSC) and 100% recyclable.
Hague work to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) and substitute toxic chemicals with more environmentally friendly products.
Products are packaged in recycled cartons with an option for product take back at the end of the life cycle.
We do not create a substantial amount of waste; however, the waste produced is collected and recycled ensuring we maximize our recycling capabilities. We have a contract with an independent company to collect and recycle all waste. Our design studio does not use film or film processing chemicals.
We review and assess each project to identify if it can be produced in a more environmentally friendly way. For example, saddle stitching rather than spine gluing, avoiding laminating or UV varnishing unless specifically required. Ensuring the most economical sizes are produced to avoid unnecessary wastage.
Wherever possible, we prefer to use local companies near to our existing clients to promote our aim of becoming carbon neutral.
Deliveries of products are scheduled and planned in the most economical way to ensure we endeavour to minimise our co2 emissions, promote efficiencies and ensure our clients reap the benefits of reduced transport costs.
As part of our commitment to continuous environmental improvements, Hague Group has implemented an air-source heat pump (ASHP), which takes the ambient heat from the outside air and uses it to heat inside. Its efficiency is measured with the ‘coefficient of performance’ (COP). An ASHP has a COP of 3, meaning a heat pump produces 3 units of heat energy for each unit of electricity used.
Hague Group has also installed a 20kwp Solar Photovoltaic system. This converts solar energy from the sun directly into electricity. Solar power is pollution-free during use. This is a renewable form of energy production and will save over 5 tonnes of Co2 per year.
- Hague Australia plans for continuous improvement in environmental performance and is committed to the prevention of pollution through the following objectives and activities:
- Operating in full compliance with all applicable environmental legislation relative to our products, processes, and activities.
- Reduction of waste to landfill, effective use of energy sources and assessment of substances and materials for re-use and recycling.
- Reduction in the use of organic solvents whilst maintaining or improving the quality of our products to our customers.
- Environmental evaluation of new developments in technology, processes, substances and materials and the application of best practice environmental options and techniques.
- Encourage our employees, suppliers, and customers to understand and recognise their obligations regarding environmental protection and continual improvement.
- Carry out regular environmental audits of all aspects of the Company business.
- Develop effective means for responding to accidents or emergencies and thereby avoiding or reducing the effects of the environment
- The Company Board will regularly review these environmental objectives and related targets.